Aspartame renamed and now Marketed as a Natural Sweetener.
- Artificial sweeteners especially aspartame has gotten a bad rap over the years, most likely due to studies showing they cause cancer. But not to worry Ajinomoto, the company that makes Aspartame has changed the name to AminoSweet.
- It has the same toxic ingredients but a nice new sounding name. And if you or your child happens to be allergic to Aspartame, well don’t take it personally it’s just business.
- It continues to gain approval for use in new types of food despite evidence showing that it causes neurological brain damage, cancerous tumors, and endocrine disruption, among other things.
- Despite numerous objections, including one from its own scientists, the company was able to convince the FDA to approve aspartame for commercial use in a few products in 1974. FDA Chief Counsel Merrill believed that a grand jury should investigate Searle & Company for lying about the safety of aspartame in its reports, and for concealing evidence proving the chemical is unsafe for consumption.
- Practically all drugs & food additives are approved by the FDA, not because science shows they are safe but, because companies essentially lobby the FDA with monetary payoffs + participate in the FDA multi-million dollar approval process.
But seriously though it makes me really mad that most people don’t know the dangers in consuming this stuff.